Welcome to ChimataMusic Discussion Board
Let us keep all the Telugu Melodies Alive through Healthy Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JV Raghavulu - Living a poor life! :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Music Directors, Lyricists, and their Biographies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: JV Raghavulu - Living a poor life! :( Reply with quote

One of the leading music directors of 1970's is now leading a very poor and pathetic life! He is living with his third son in a 2 roomed house in Rajolu. None of his 3 sons are doing well, the elder two are doing Agriculture in leased lands and running a pan shop. JV Raghavulu is finding difficult to get proper medication for diabetis..

This is reported in ETV2 today. It is a sorrow state for a music director who worked several years as assistant to Ghantasala and later composed music for several films starring leading actors like NTR, ANR, Krishnam Raju, Krishna, Chiranjeevi etc. Hope the film industry will help him!
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very unfortunate indeed Sad . I also read somewhere that erstwhile popular artists like Kantha Rao and Kanchana are also living near the poverty level.
agent116

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninnane dorababu gurinchi discuss chesaam..

manchi music director..bebbuli cinema ..manchi album eeyanadi
jmk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any way where we can help them with some donations?
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmk wrote:
is there any way where we can help them with some donations?

Sure.. let us collect some funds and send him from the "US Telugu Sangeetha abhimAnulu". I can donate $100.00 for this noble cause.

monnanE Mohan Babu pAtalu upload chEstU, chAlA kAlam taruvAta "kAla yamuDu" lO pATa vinnAnu. That song immeadiately reminded me the super hit songs in Krishna's mAna Uri katha..

Maruthi,
Can you pl. come forward to collect the checks so that we can send him a consolidated amount?

Thanks,
Srini
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dsri1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Eenadu Link 27th January Sunday Edition Reply with quote

http://www.eenadu.net/htm/2vnewfeatureshow.asp?qry=10&reccount=13
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sri..

I guess we (the US based Telugu melody lovers) can raise funds for these kinds of causes and directly pay to their medical expenses instead of giving them money in hand. Probably their short-sightedness in their finance management should be taken as a lesson by the other filmy people.

I remember that Sirigina.com donated Rs 25, 000.00 to the dance master Saleem a while ago. I guess we (ChimataMusic.com) can also do some thing similar.. by starting with helping JV Raghavulu's medical expenses (at least to some extent).

Pl. let me know if any of you have his contact numbers. I will be trying to use my contacts in Hyd to get this info as well.

I will update you with more details on this soon.

Thanks,
Srini
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jmk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini,

I would like to propose the following as we have huge fans in both US and India.

One person will coordinate the funds collection US, and same with Indian co-ordinator to collect the funds in India from those interested in donating.

We will transfer the funds to Indian co-ordinator. So that - that person can probably hand over the total money in form of check/Draft to Raghavulu garu in person or by post. We need JV Raghavulu's contact numbers/address.

Probably Sri Atluri of telugucinema.com can help in getting the address.

thanks,
jmk.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Maruthi..

It is very nice to see your concern. Mahesh Vaddi gAru (one of our site fans and he also attended our ChimataMusic gAna bajAnA program held in Hyd in Aug07) is trying to collect the contact info of JV Raghavulu..

In the mean time, I am working on setting up an online donation link (a legitimate one only) on our site.

We will see if any one from the film industry would respond after seeing our help.

I will give another update in next couple of days.

Cheers,
Srini
jmk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini, just now read your post once again. Instead of giving money in hand, its nice to pay the medical expenses as far as we can, either to Hospital or Pharmacy. I vote for this.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Medical Assistance to JV Raghavulu.. Reply with quote

Hi folks,

We were able to track down the contact info of JV Raghavulu gAru.

I am planning to link up a donation link (for his medical assistance) on our home page in next couple of days or so. Then whatever money we can collect here, we will hand him over in a small function in Hyd (probalby on the hands of CiNaRe or some one who is readily available in Hyd Very Happy). I would request Surya Guduru to represent our site (donors) during the function, as I may not be able to have India trip this year Sad

Here is the eenadu article on JV Raghavulu.
http://www.chimatamusic.com/articles/jvr.php

Pl. stay tuned for more details on this thread.

Thanks,
Srini
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Prawasi link on Ghantasala's vardhanti.. Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I am posting a prawasi link here:
http://www.prawasi.com/toonprince.php?subaction=showfull&id=1202644340&archive=&start_from=&ucat=16&

There is a mention of JV Raghavulu towards the end of this program and D Rama Naidu generously donated Rs 25, 000. 00 to him.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Update on JV Raghavulu's situation.. Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I talked to JV Raghavulu gAru and his third son, Syam (JVR is currently living w/ Syam) this weekend.

I am confident that we can raise a good amount of donations for JV Raghavulu. I am working on the donation link now and it should be ready on our home page in next two days.

Thanks,
Srini
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Donation link is ready.. Reply with quote

Hi folks,

The donation link is ready.. Kindly donate to JV RAgahvulu gAru and we will then pass on the collected money to him in next two or three weeks.

http://www.chimatamusic.com/jvr_donation.php

Thanks in advance,
Srini
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Very good response on the JV Raghavulu Fund.. Reply with quote

Hi folks,

We have got a very good response on the "JV Raghavulu Fund" and within 24 hours, we were able to raise more than $2000.00.

If any of you have not yet donated, kindly step forward and donate for this noble cause.

http://www.chimatamusic.com/jvr_donation.php

Cheers,
Srini
www.ChimataMusic.com
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Good quality songs of some JV Raghavulu songs.. Reply with quote

Hi Santha Ram, 116, Sunson,

Do you have the following songs with a better quality? If so, can you kindly send them to chimata.music@gmail.com?

1. mAma kUturA from mana Uri katha
2. All songs from bebbuli
3. O jAbilee (female) from Rangoon Rowdy
4. All songs from prAjA rAjyam
5. pantulamma.. baLLokostAvA from bAbulu gADi debba
6. A couple of songs from viSwanAdha nAyakuDu?

Would like to get these songs ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
Srini
movie_lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini,
Also when you get a chance try to find out from J.V.Raghavulu whether he composed music for S.Gopal Reddy's film 'aparAdhi evaru'.
santharam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Srini,

I already uploaded two better quality versions of 'mAma kUturA neetO mATunnadi'. Please check 'Replacements->HMV Sarigama' folder for the original mp3. The other one is in 'New Songs' folder, I think.

I will upload "oo jAbilI (female)" soon.

I have 'prajA rAjyaM' VCD. The songs are not ripped yet. I will do this soon.

-- Santha Ram. M
sunson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini,

I only had "Mama Koothuraa".
Santharam had already uploaded and saved me the effort. Very Happy

Regards
Sunson
sunson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini,

I only had "Mama Koothuraa".
Santharam had already uploaded and saved me the effort. Very Happy

Regards
Sunson
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

movie_lover wrote:
Srini,
Also when you get a chance try to find out from J.V.Raghavulu whether he composed music for S.Gopal Reddy's film 'aparAdhi evaru'.

I am not sure if he will be able to recall that piece of info. But we will get the answer from other sources. My guess was Ilaya Raja (or the music director might have lifted the Tamil tune of annA vinnA kOpamE..).
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

santharam wrote:
Hi Srini,

I already uploaded two better quality versions of 'mAma kUturA neetO mATunnadi'. Please check 'Replacements->HMV Sarigama' folder for the original mp3. The other one is in 'New Songs' folder, I think.

I will upload "oo jAbilI (female)" soon.

I have 'prajA rAjyaM' VCD. The songs are not ripped yet. I will do this soon.

-- Santha Ram. M

Thanks Santha Ram..

Idea is to have a CD with all popular pallavis of his songs and play it in the JV Raghavulu's felication function. I will share more details on this with you all later.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

movie_lover wrote:
Srini,

Hi Movie_Lover,

I talked to JVR and he said "yes" to my question if he worked for "aparAdhi" movie. But how did you find it out? Smile

I was thinking it could be Ilaya Raja (from the annA vinnA kOpamE's tune).
movie_lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini,
Credit goes to our Agent sOdaruDu..He was the one who posted that j.V.Raghavulu composed music for the film 'aparAdhi'..Even I was under the same assumption that Ilayaraja gave music based on the song 'maguvaku sreevArE chelimi' song..
Cinnadoda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: JV Raghavulu Living a poor life Reply with quote

Hi,
Living your life with purpose means to make yourself happy first and then make others happy..Say you donated some money to a place that needs it, thats a small purpose
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Music Directors, Lyricists, and their Biographies All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: