Welcome to ChimataMusic Discussion Board
Let us keep all the Telugu Melodies Alive through Healthy Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any typos or mistakes or wrong entries in ChimataMusic.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Songs on ChimataMusic.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Any typos or mistakes or wrong entries in ChimataMusic.com Reply with quote

Hi all,

I think we have approx. 1500 Telugu songs and 500 Hindi songs on the site. With a minimal help from others, I completed all the entires and there are fair chances that a few of the entries (in particular the music director names) are wrong..

If you happen to find any such wrong entries, can you pl. post them here?

Thanks,
Srini
www.ChimataMusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Surya,

You are correct (as per our emails) on Ekalavya's music director. It is KV Mahadevan, not Sathyam.

I just brought the DVD from Coconut Hill groceries (Newark/Fremont, CA) and watched the titles.. The strange thing is that Sathyam name appears on the DVD cover. I was mislead by that earlier.. I have corrected it in the "bhakti" section.

Thanks,
Srini
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please correct the typo error in NTR duets, koDaveeTi simham to konDaveeTi simham? n is missing after ko

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any one know who is the music director of "tulasi" that has the song "selayETi gala galA.. chirugAli kila kilA"?

Some one was mentioning that Ghantasala was the MD for that movie. But the tune sounds like either Ramesh Naidu 's or Sathyam's. I have not hosted the song yet on the site.. my brother is searching for some songs (which include this song as well) all over the Guntur dt and in Vijayawada too (i.e. Audio Recording Centers) Sad

Srini
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghantasala is the MD of Tulasi with the song Selayeti Gala gala....

This is the only film in which he didn't sing a single song and just given music only!

Compile a list fo songs you are unable to get. I will try to get them.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Surya..

After your "parichayam", I am really happy to see that I have some one, almost like a walking-dictionary on the Old Telugu movies/songs, to correct the mistakes on our site.

Is it true that Joseph-Gopalam are the music director duo for "karuNAmayuDu"? I vaguely remember this... Can you pl. correct me if it is not correct?

Do you know their full names? I guess this Joseph is different from the one in "Joseph-Krishnamurthy" (NTR's gulEbakAvaLi katha).

Srini
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Surya,

I am desperate to get the songs, "neelO... virisina andAlanni" from manushulu-maTTibommalu, "entO rasikuDu dEvuDu" from rAjA ramEsh and "vandanAlu.. vandanAlu" from jEganTalu..

I am not sure if my brother can get me these songs from the audio recording centers he is going around.

Not only just to host them.. but for listening to them online.

Thanks,
Srini
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Srini!

My knowledge is very limited. It is just that I have more access for information. I used to have good interest in Songs and Music Directors from my college days, but forgot most of it. After seeing interested people like you, I have started recollecting my old memories. I am eagerly waiting for posts from Vennela who has amazing knowledge of songs, music and lyrics. There are few others also whom I have come across in other DBs with very good knowledge.

Our forum doesn't need online discussion or chitchatting like other boards. If like minded people like us can spend half-an-hour a day, we can really have lot of valuable information. I would like to see this site as an online encyclopedia for Telugu films and music before 90's.
movie_lover

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini,
I'm planning India trip this June. I know one person who used to buy LPs of all the movies till the year 1982. If you can send me the list of songs along with their movie names, I'll try to get them recorded on a cassette. Is it ok if I get them recorded on a cassette? Will you be able to upload from cassette? Back in 1995 I got one cassette recorded from him. Quality was not that great but atleast you will get an opportunity to listen those old/rare melodies.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schimata2 wrote:
Thanks Surya..

After your "parichayam", I am really happy to see that I have some one, almost like a walking-dictionary on the Old Telugu movies/songs, to correct the mistakes on our site.

Is it true that Joseph-Gopalam are the music director duo for "karuNAmayuDu"? I vaguely remember this... Can you pl. correct me if it is not correct?

Do you know their full names? I guess this Joseph is different from the one in "Joseph-Krishnamurthy" (NTR's gulEbakAvaLi katha).

Srini

Music directors for Karunamayudu are Joseph Krishnamurthy and R.Gopalam.
vennela

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
schimata2 wrote:
Thanks Surya..

Srini

opps forgot to logon - Guest ga enter ayyaanu

Music directors for Karunamayudu are Joseph Krishnamurthy and R.Gopalam.
vennela

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

movie_lover wrote:
Srini,
I'm planning India trip this June. I know one person who used to buy LPs of all the movies till the year 1982. If you can send me the list of songs along with their movie names, I'll try to get them recorded on a cassette. Is it ok if I get them recorded on a cassette? Will you be able to upload from cassette? Back in 1995 I got one cassette recorded from him. Quality was not that great but atleast you will get an opportunity to listen those old/rare melodies.

HI Movei_lover garu. How r u? very nice to see your post.
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>Music directors for Karunamayudu are Joseph Krishnamurthy and R.Gopalam.

Ee Joseph Krishnamurthy, Gulebakavali Joseph Krishnamurthy okkarena?

Joseph Krishnamurthy okkara? iddara? R.Gopalam tho kalisi ante okkadenemo.

Sathyam assistants Raghavayya, Krishnamurthy ani vundevaru. Aa Krishnamurthy yena? Any idea?
padmasri

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Great Work Reply with quote

Srini Garu,

Congratulations and truly great and hard work that yo have put in.
I am sure your website will become very popular. Very Happy

Is there any way for us to download the songs.

Thanks
Srini
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site lo konni corrections.

Anta mana manchike MD KVM kaadu, Sathyam.

Gandhi puttina desam MD Satyam kaadu, SP Kodandapani.

Collector Janaki Satyam kaadu, V.Kumar

Malle mogga telupu, manchi manasu telupu rani O rani... paata Inti gouravam lodi. Bapu direction, MD SP Kodandapani.

Maya chesi potavuro Nagulu, oyemmo ori nayano... paata Jeevitam lodi. MD Ramesh Naidu.

Prastutaniki ila fix aipo, evaranna tappu ante appudu chooddam Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surya wrote:
>>Music directors for Karunamayudu are Joseph Krishnamurthy and R.Gopalam.

Ee Joseph Krishnamurthy, Gulebakavali Joseph Krishnamurthy okkarena?

Joseph Krishnamurthy okkara? iddara? R.Gopalam tho kalisi ante okkadenemo.

Sathyam assistants Raghavayya, Krishnamurthy ani vundevaru. Aa Krishnamurthy yena? Any idea?

Joseph Krishna Murthy okkare. yes, gulebakaavali ki eeyana compsoe chesaaru. eeyana T.V.Raju's assistant
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Any one knows about the movie, mAnasa sarOvaram??? Reply with quote

Does any one know about the movie, mAnasa sarOvaram and the actors/actresses, director etc of that movie?

I recently got two songs from that movie. It was listed that Vijaya Bhaskar is the MD. So I assumed that movie might have been released in the mid 70's. He provided music to the mid 70's movies like ammAyilla Sapadham, kRushNavENi etc..

But from the way Balu twists the word, jANa (in the song, veeNa.. praNaya rAga bharita vanita.. in Others1 section), I guess it could even be released in the early 80's.

Can some one pl. confirm?

Thanks in advance,
Srini
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Music Lover,

Sorry for not reading these threads for the last one week.. I was busy with moving to another house (to the Ardenwood area in Fremont, CA) and I hardly found any time to logon and chat with you folks.

I appreicate your help to get the songs recorded in audio cassttes.. The toughest part is to find them and record them onto the audio cassettes. After that, it doesn't take much time to get them as MP songs. I have my cousin in Guntur and he gets them converted to MP3 songs and uploads them into my site.

When exactly is your India trip in June? By the end of this month, I should be getting most of the songs that have "*s" on the site. If not, I will let you know by the first week of June.

Thanks in advance,
Srini
sunson

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess there is no movie by name Manasa sarovaram. It is the movie Amayaka Chakravarthy that has songs that goes "Manasasarovaram Nee Manasanu Sarase"

This movie stars Chandramohan and VijayaSanthi.

Regards
Sunson(Surya)
movie_lover

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini,
Yeah send me the list when you get a chance. I'll be leaving in first week of July.

Sunson,
They renamed 'mAnasa sarOvaram' as 'amAyaka chakravarthy'. Chandramohan and Vijayasanthi starrer. I vaguely remember 'Vallabhaneni Janardhan' as director.
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunson & Movie_Lover

Amazing! You got it 100% right. 'Manasa Sarovaram' had been renamed as 'Amayaka Chakravarthy'. Film was released in 1983 and Janardhan was indeed the Director.
sunson

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD of Mr Pellam is Keeravani and not K V Mahadevan

Regards
Sunson(Surya)
sunson

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD of Iddaru Pellala Muddula Police is J V Raghavulu
MD of Teneteega is Vidyasagar

Regards
Sunson(Surya)
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sunson,

You already reminded me these mistakes a while ago in IBDB as well Smile I wil update them soon.

Srini
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few Corrections:

Kalayamudu MD is not Satyam, it is J.V.Raghavulu

Dari tappina manishi is not by Ramesh Naidu, it is Vijayabhaskar

Few Confirmations:

Uriki Upakari is by Satyam

Ammayi Manasu is Rajen-Nagendra

Aggiravva is K.V.Mahadevan

Rangula ratnam is S.Rajeswara Rao

Ramu is R.Govardan

Sri Kalahasti Mahatyam is Sudarsanam

Marapurani Katha is K.V.Mahadevan

Rangeli Raja is Ghantasala

Nadee Adajanma is R.Govardan-Sudarsanam

Mugguru Ammayilu is T.Chalapati Rao

According to P.Suseela.org:

Mary Mata is G.Devarajan

Maa Bangarkka is K.V.Mahadevan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Surya for confirmations....

I was assuming that Chakravarthi was the MD for aggiravva.. after listening to "panDayitE paniki rAdu" song, I thought it must be KV Mahadevan..

Srini
sunson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini,

Music for "Egire gaalipataaniki" from "Ram Rahim" is S Rajeswara Rao.
Music for "Neela ningilona" from "Daana dharmaalu" is Master Venu

Regards
Sunson(Surya)
bharadwaj

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Typo correction suggestion Reply with quote

"antE nAlu chAlu.." from alluDochhADu (in Others 1?)

should be "antE nAku chAlu.."

Awsome site. Thanks for uploading "sarE sarE OrannA" from snEham.
I haven't heard it for ages.

Bharadwaj
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Lyricist of the song, "gOranta deepam title song" Reply with quote

Hi experts,

My friend and myself have an argument over the lyricist of the title song (gOranta deepam.. konDanta velugu) in gOranta deepam movie. My friend says that it is C. Narayana Reddy and I think that it is Aarudra (I am 100% sure that Aarudra wrote another song, rAyinaninA kAkapOti in the same movie).

Can some one confirm it?

Thanks,
Srini
jmk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini,
i just googled the net and found two sites giving different names.

http://www.telugubiz.net/songs/search.php?do=list.tracks&col=al.id&val=664&sort=al

has listed the lyricist as arudra, where as

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/lr/27/1424/

listed as cinare. Not sure which one is correct. I too feel its Arudra..but can be confirmed only by looking into the inlay card of cassette or on LP record.

maruthi.
jmk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srini..the song 'jallu jallu mannayi' from 'mande gundelu' is listed under krishna's duets. but i vaguely remember this song was shot on hero shobhan babu. if its true, then its appropriate to move the song to shoban's duets.
what do u say?
thanks,
maruthi.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Maruthi,

"Jillu jillu" song is shot on Krishna and Jaya Prada... Even in the movie, Kaksha, when Sridevi hums that song, Sobhan Babu teases her that that song is not his, but Krishna's. Smile
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I am not sure about Gorantha deepam...kondanta velugu, I believe Arudra is the default lyricist for Bapu's movies.
jmk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schimata2 wrote:
Hi Maruthi,

"Jillu jillu" song is shot on Krishna and Jaya Prada... Even in the movie, Kaksha, when Sridevi hums that song, Sobhan Babu teases her that that song is not his, but Krishna's. Smile

aithe..wokay....
jmk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: Lyricist of the song, "gOranta deepam title song&qu Reply with quote

schimata2 wrote:
Hi experts,

(I am 100% sure that Aarudra wrote another song, rAyinaninA kAkapOti in the same movie).

Can some one confirm it?

Thanks,
Srini

srini..as per TFS, 'rayinaina...' was penned by Dasaradhi garu..
http://www.ghantasala.info/tfs/cdata3f24.html

maruthi.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me check... a few years ago, we got P Suseela gAri bhakti audio cassette from India and the song (rAyinaninA kAkapotini) was listed there and I hope we should still have that cassette case.

--Srini
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music Director for 'pilla O pilla...' song from Manavu Manasu is Aswathama and not Satyam.

Jagame maaya MD is Satyam.

Prema-paga MD is S.Rajeswara rao and not Chakravarti
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surya wrote:
Music Director for 'pilla O pilla...' song from Manavu Manasu is Aswathama and not Satyam.

Jagame maaya MD is Satyam.

Prema-paga MD is S.Rajeswara rao and not Chakravarti

Surya,
Thanks for confirming Sathyam's name for jagamE mAya.. I have corrected the other two as well.

We earlier had a discussion on chilaka jOsyam's music director. I still believe that it is Rajan-Nagendra, not KV Mahadevan. Can you pl. get it checked as well?

--Srini
jmk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srini,
malle moggalu is not by ilayaraja..its ramesh naidu, chattam also not by raja..its gangai-amaran.

thanks,
maruthi.
jmk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

again for 'sindhura puvvu' its 'manoj gyan' not IR.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmk wrote:
srini,
malle moggalu is not by ilayaraja..its ramesh naidu, chattam also not by raja..its gangai-amaran.

thanks,
maruthi.

Thanks Maruthi..

I know that Ramesh Naidu is the MD for malle moggalu.. sorry for the typo.. It must be a copy and paste mistake.. I will soon correct it and other ones you have mentioned.

Srini
jmk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srini..
can i request the song 'maa radha bangaru konda' from 'prema murthulu' (*ing shoban and radha).
thanks,
maruthi.
jmk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srini..how come 'maharaju' is missing from shobhan (with suhasini) section? it has some good songs especially title song. any plans to add?
thanks,
maruthi.
dasari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

MD for Aathmabandham(Suman) is Keeravani, not Ilayaraja.
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srini, the title song of గోరంతదీపం was written by CNR.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hanuman for confirming the lyricist of gOranta deepam..

Thanks
Srini
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Music director of Chandra Mohan's kotta neeru.. Reply with quote

I got some info that the music director of Chandra Mohan's movie, kotta neeru (1982) is Chakravarthi. But when I listening to this song (UgisalADake manasA..) recently, I strongly feel that the music director is Ramesh Naidu.

Can some one pl. confirm it? Smile

Thanks,
Srini
sreeni2006

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: About Tulasi Reply with quote

Hi Srini,

It could be k.v. mahadevan..its so hard to tell who composed music from that era, I know music of every MD, but when I heard the song, I dont think it was ghantasala, he died in 1974, and this move came out in 1978. I am guessing its k.v. mahadevan.
sreeni2006

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Surya is correct about md in tulasi. Reply with quote

Yea it is ghantasala Smile I was watching bhakta tukaram and his music sounded so familiar with this song, and he did compose music for that movie.

Regards,

Srinivas
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Surya is correct about md in tulasi. Reply with quote

sreeni2006 wrote:
Yea it is ghantasala Smile I was watching bhakta tukaram and his music sounded so familiar with this song, and he did compose music for that movie.

I am totally confused here.. are you saying that Ghantasala is the music director of Chandra Mohan's kotta neeru movie????? I am sure you meant some thing else.

/Srini
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Songs on ChimataMusic.com All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: