Welcome to ChimataMusic Discussion Board
Let us keep all the Telugu Melodies Alive through Healthy Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balu as a movie producer...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Singers and their Biographies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Balu as a movie producer... Reply with quote

I have the highest respect for Balu.. but one thing I can not digest is that he seemed to have lost some of his hard-earned money on Kamal's movies (direct movies like Subha sankalpam and dubbed movies like tenAli).. I think that Balu loves Kamal's acting skills... but he did not have to show his affection or admiration by making or dubbing Kamal movies..

Recently his son too produced the Tamil version of "varsham" movie and I heard they again incurred losses on that movie too.

I feel really sorry for Balu..

In one of his interviews given to Andhrajyothy a while ago, he was mentioning that some of his friends made disastrous movies in the early 80's and he had to give "surety" on behalf of his friends and it took him almost a decade to get out of that financial mess. Because of this, he suffered a lot of anguish.. he sang almost the whole day and poured that hard-earned money into the hands of the maarwaris.

I wish him to be more cautious about these financial traps and about his knowingly-or-unknowlingly-mistakes and I would implore him not do some thing he is not good at like producing movies.

Srini

Last edited by schimata2 on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure, how much SAY does Balu have in the films produced by his son. But that is no excuse for vulgarity in his films.

I have seen few photographs from SPB's Tamil 'Varsham' in which Shreya is very voluptuous in drenched Saree. This may be inevitable for the present day cinema. But I am sure, it isn't necessary for Balu to be in that kind of business contrary to his preachings!

Ofcourse this will not belittle my liking for the Great Human & Singer!

Just wondering whether he has sung any songs in that film.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Happy Birthday wishes to SP Balu Reply with quote

I have just realized that today is Balu's 60th birthday..

Let us all cordially wish a wonderful happy birthday to the greatest singer alive.

I am just counting days to see his Telugu concert (held by BATA) on Sept 30, 2006 in our town, San Jose, CA (in Foothill Community college, Los Altos).

Srini
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belated Birthday Wishes to my favourite Singer who was born on 04-06-1946.

His birthday as a Singer in the Film industry is on 15-12-1966. His first song was 'Emi ee vinta moham...' from the film Maryada Ramanna composed by S.P.Kondandapani. He sang the song alongwith P.B.Srinivas, Eelapati Raghuramayya and P.Suseela. A great way to start career with!
vennela

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though Balu's first song was 'emi ee vintha mOham', he first rendered his playback in a chorus song in 'Alibaba 40 dongalu', composed by Ghantasala garu.
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vennela
You are confused somewhere Sad

Alibaba 40 Dongalu is in 1970 and Maryada Ramanna is in 1967. Was Alibaba song recorded before Maryada Ramanna song? I don't tthink so. We all know SP always gives lot of credit to S.P.Kondandapani for introducing him and encouraging him. How come you have mentioned Ghantasala music song?
vennela

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surya garu, you are right. nenu chadivinadi Balu's first song in Ghantasala's composition'. I was mistaken.
Lindsijutty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Balu as a movie producer Reply with quote

Should I bring in another producer with the producer of the movie title, that one will become the producer, with all the meaning attached to that title/role.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Singers and their Biographies All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: