Welcome to ChimataMusic Discussion Board
Let us keep all the Telugu Melodies Alive through Healthy Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discussion on Weekly Songs
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Songs on ChimataMusic.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Discussion on Weekly Songs Reply with quote

All,

In addition to comments from Srini on the Songs of the Week, may be we all can also post our views/opinions.

Regards
Sunson(Surya)
sunson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Gaalikadupu ledu" from Idi Kadha Kaadu was a great literary piece from Athreya. You would be amazed how linked is the lyric to the story. Sample these lines.

Talli malli tarunayyindi (From motherhood back to nubile)
Puvvu poosi moggayyindi (What an expression for going back in life)
Gudini vidichi veroka gudilo pramidanaite tappemundi (Metaphor for remarriage)

Heroine suffers a lot from a bad marriage (1st). She sings this song when she finds solace in a new person and intends to marry him after lot of thought/persuasion.

More comments welcome.

- Sunson(Surya)
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunson
Good piece of comments about the song!

I don't normally go too much into the lyrics. But the way you have explained is triggering interest in me.

I love this song very much for the the way it is rendered by S.Janaki and composed by MS Viswanathan. The situation and taking by K.Balachander is simply superb.
vennela

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaaliakadupu ledu song is one of my favorites too. pretty much situational in the movie and very well picturised. As mentioend by Sunson, lyrics are appropriately penned to match the situation of the main lead.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW,

Has any one yet noticed that there is a middle stanza in the "eenennO janmala bandham" song (pUja movie) that I hosted in the Songs of the Week section a couple of months ago?

Usually we always see the song with only two charaNams... it took a lot of time for my brother to find the exact song that has three charaNams..

Probably ours is the only one site that has this song in full.
Listen to it and let me know.

Srini
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have hosted chuTTU chengAvi cheera song in the "Songs of the week" section. It reminds me that Bapu worked on a few of remakes, whose originals were directed by other directors, though he is popular for his Telugudanam/nativity in his movies.

Some of the movies that come to my mind right away:

1. tUrpu veLLE railu.. I guess the original is a Bharathi Raja's Tamil movie and mana pichha koTTuDu Sudhakar acted in Mohan's role.
2. Mr. Pellam... the original is Mr. Mom, a Michael Keaton starrer in the 80's.
3. Jocky... remake of Sobhan's minor bAbu (correct me if I am wrong).. I am not sure who directed minor bAbu..
4. Radha Kalyanam... I guess the original is a Bhagya Raja's Tamil movie
5. Bezubaan... remake of Dasari's yavvanam kATEsindi.
6. peLLi koDuku... remake of his own bangAru picchuka

Just my observation...

Srini
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vennela

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Radha Kalyanam's original was BhagyaRaja's 'antha ezhu natkal'. The same movie in hindi was again directed by Bapu - 'woh saath din'.

'chuttu chengaavi cheera' - very soft song, describing the beauty of the heroine in different shades of sarees. Finally compares her beauty with the rainbow. Interesting to know that sudhakar played the main lead in tamil version Very Happy
sunson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following two lines of "Chuttoo chengavi cheera" reveal the greatness of Arudra.

Tella cheera kandam nuvve tevaale chittema
- Normally white saree is associated with a widow and is shorn of any beauty. Here lyricist wants the heroine to embellish such white saree with her beauty

Nalla cheera kattukunna navvaale chinnamma
- Black is symbol of sorrow and mourning and lyricist wants heroine to smile inspite of that symbolism.

Regards
Sunson(Surya)
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I was listening to "O chandramA.." song from ANR's solo section.. what a song!! Hats off to Suseela garu for putting the feelings of the characters int to the song.

I hosted it in the very second week, when I started this "Songs of the Week" section almost 4 months ago.. 4th song in that section.

The movie is a remake of Rajesh Khanna's Daag movie.

Listen to this song in low volume to avoid some noise associated with it.

Thanks,
Srini
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maa Daivam was a remake of 'Do aankhe barah haath'
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Nambiyar played as one of the renegades, I assumed that it was a Tamil remake Smile

Thanks Surya for telling me. In that movie, Giri Babu plays a villain with a funny grAndhika dialogue delivery.

Srini
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I hosted the mAdaivam song this week, as some one early this week got emotional after listening to this song and he entered his comments in the guest book.

I thought you people should also feel the song and the excellent music given by swara brahma and Balu's sweet voice. Every time I listen to this song, I always go into trance, no matter how many times I listen to this song.

NTR's crystal-pure eyes are the highlight of this song... I watched this movie almost 25 years ago in my sixth class... but I can still recall the song's picturization. These days, I am waitng for watching this movie on Teja TV.

Thanks,
Srini
jmk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for song 'chinnni chinni kannayya' from movie 'bhadrakali'. one of my favourties. in fact thats the first movie for Ilayaraja in Telugu.
~maruthi kumar.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Maruthi to confirm my doubts of Ilaya Raja's first Telugu movie... But I was thinking that there might be another straight Telugu movie for Ilaya Raja's debut as the full-time music director..

Are you sure that bhadrakALi is Ilaya Raja's first Telugu movie as Music Director?

Thanks,
Srini
jmk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to the best of my knowledge, it is. same question was asked in tc.com long back and i answered 'bhadrakali'. it is correct and got prize too Wink
~maruthi.
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Emitidi emitidi....' from Toorpu velle railu is one of my all time favourite songs. I consider this as one of the best songs of P.Suseela. Though I have an extra liking for S.Janaki songs, I love this song and listen to it quite often.

SPB has done a great job in tuning this song and I rate this song as his top composition!
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Surya,

Actually one of the site's fans, Nishigandha suggested me that I can host some of the songs (that are exceptionally good, but are not yet widely popular, like this song) so that more people can take a notice of them, when such songs are hosted on the "Songs of the Week" section.

So the credit should go to her for convincing me to host this song as one of the weekly picks.. otherwise I wanted to host only the best of the best of the popular melodies on that page.

Thanks,
Srini
nishigandha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SO much for considering my request Srini gaaru! Smile

I agree with Surya gaaru that this is one of the BEST songs of P.Suseela. I never expected that kind of huskiness from her so I was thrilled when I heard the song for the first time!

Thanks
Nishigandha
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ee week song 'ee sanja lo....' paata lo Sobhan Babu, Vanisri act chesaru. Not Vijayalalita as you mentioned.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Surya,

I have corrected it. I myself was surprised to see such a song on Vijaya Lalitha. I got this piece of info from Sobhan Bau's filmography on TeluguCinema.com.

Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini,

The movie "Chillaradevullu" was based on a popular novel with the same name written by Dasarathi Rangacharya who is the brother of the popular lyric writer Dasarathi Krishnamacharya. I didn't see the movie but read the novel. It is a beautiful piece of literature which portrays the feudal system prevalent in the Telangana region during the Nizam rule. The dialect of the novel is also highly Telangana-centric with a good dose of Urdu words (with Telugu meanings provided in footnotes). I highly recommend reading it if you can get a hold of the novel (unfortunately I don't have it).

The hero of the movie is not Eashwara Rao as you mentioned but it was an Oriya actor by name Chakrapani. I think, he is also the husband of Rojaramani, if I remember correctly. This particular song కలువకు చంద్రుదు is one of my favorite songs written by one of my favorite lyricists Athreya.

Last edited by hanuman on Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Who are the actors/actresses in the movie, chillara dEvuLLu? Reply with quote

Hi Hanuman,

Some one from the guest book earlier told us that Eeswara Rao sings this song in the movie. I heard there is a veeNa song in this movie and I guess this itself is that song.

It would be great if some one gets back to us with the movie theme and actors and actresses in the movie.

Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movie, as I already wrote, is in the backdrop of a feudal system in old Telangana area. The main character is a certain Reddy (played aptly by Prabhakar Reddy I think) who is a feudal lord of a small village in Nizam Telangana. He has a wife and daughter. He also has an unofficial daughter (played by Kanchana) through an illicit relation who is an ఆడబాప which means Reddy pimps her to other lords for favors, obviously against her will but she is helpless. Then enters, a Brahmin boy from the Andhra region, called Sarangapani, whom Reddy affectionately calls Pantulu. Reddy, for all his feudal attrocities, is an avid listener of classical music and he hires pantulu as his court musician and also to teach music to his daughter(s). The story is all about feudal attrocities culminating in a mass revolt by the masses who put an end to the fedual system in the village.
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heroine of the movie Nagamalli is one little-known Menaka. I think she was a Malayali actress who acted in a few Telugu movies during that time. I vaguely remember that she also paired up with Chiranjeevi in the movie Punnami Nagu.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hanuman..

I recently watched punnami nAgu again on Teja TV and I very well remember Menaka. I watched nAgamalli almost 10 years ago and I could not recollect that it is the same one that had acted in punnami nAgu.

Are you sure that both are one and same?

Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini, I am pretty sure that it was Menaka in Nagamalli, not 100% but 99% Very Happy
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hanuman,

I got it confirmed from one of my friends (Sri of TeluguCinema.com) and it is Mallika, not Menaka,

Thanks,
Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As such, Menaka was less known (for Telugu movies) but at least I have heard of her name. I didn't even know who this Mallika was Very Happy . I guess I got confused because the names were slightly similar. Any way, thanks for following it up with Sri (Atluri?) of TeluguCinema.com. I visit that site regularly and have developed a high level of trust in the information he provides there.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a reliable news.. I have been in touch with Prasad Portluri and Sri Atluri (of TeluguCinema.com) since 1998/1999. Once ina while I seek Sri's help on some clarifications Smile

Sri tells that nAgamalli is the only one movie Mallika acted in.

Thanks,
Srini
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: something special Reply with quote

dear srini & surya

I am very happy today. The reason being is I met Mannadey today and talked to him almost for one and half hour.

I was longing to meet him for a long time which was fulfilled today. In the rendezvous with him I asked him one question
You have sung in Tamil, Kannada and Malyalam but why didnt you sing in Telugu.

Do you know what he replied: I have sung two songs in Telugu. There was one very good composer some Naidu(I dont remember his full name) I added as Ramesh Naidu then He told yes he is the one, he has composed very good songs isnt it, He composed one hindi film where I sang and at that time he asked my Aap Telugu film mein Gayenga kya manna da, I told Kyon nahin bhai aap bulao to hum gaayenge, and I sang two songs.

Now I want our Surya to somehow find out what are those two songs and whether that film was released. and what is that hindi film which ramesh naidu composed.

I AM SURE THAT OUR SURYA WILL COME WITH AN ANSWER.

nANDAKISHOR k
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good Kishor...

First of all, we should know if that movie was released at all.. Almost a year ago, Raghuram Maganti gAru(who is our site fan) let me know that the movie, dAna dharmAlu (1977) was never released.. we hosted a song from that movie in Others -1 section.. neelAla ningi lOnA song.

Surya will likely be back in town (VJA) in next 2, 3 weeks and I would request to find those songs out..

I appreciate all your efforts in getting the song names (the songs that would be an asset to our site) to the sites..

Cheers,
Srini
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nandu
I am happy to know that you have met one of the great veteran singers!
How did you happen to meet him?

Your extensive knowledge in Hindi music would have helped you to have a good talk with him. If I had got a chance to meet him, I wouldn't have known what to speak to him.

Two songs that I can never forget of Mannadey are:

Jhanak jhanak more... from Mere Huzoor
Tu chupi hai kaha... from Naurang

I think he is more a classical singer. To be honest I get confused between Mannadey and Mahendra Kapoor's songs:-(

Coming to his Telugu songs, I will try my best to find out but can't assure you that I can get them. Unfortunately I am not even able to get Mohd.Rafi's first song in telugu.

Why don't you keep posting regularly and throw some light on us about the Old Hindi and Telugu songs you know, if you have time?
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Mannadey Reply with quote

hi,

Actually I was very eager to share with you people about the experience, but was a little bit skeptical because I wasnt sure how it would be taken, the reason being Mannadey was not that popular.

Mannadey moved to Blore in 2001 and I was trying to meet him since then. I knew that he was a very disciplined and principled man and was leading a very private life. Then suddenly I came to know that he was having an account in our Bank and the manager knew him very well(I was telling this branch manager about my site(of course hopelessly maintained) and observing my passion abt music he told that Mannadey is our customer and he comes and stands in queue. As promised he called me yesterday and told that he has fixed an appointment with mannadey at 6pm. I went to his house fearing how such a great person would receive an ordinary fellow like me. But he was very friendly and allowed to spend about one and half hour with me.

He started talking about the current economic scenario, service at banks(as usual we get a small dosage of our service wherever we go) and then A R Rahman spoiling the Vande mataram song.

I asked about KCDEY. KC DEY is a blind music composer, singer who is uncle of mannadey. Mannadey was very emotional and told how great KC dey was. Try to listen the song - TERE GATHRI MEIN LAGA CHOR MUSAFIR JAGO RE of K C DEY.

Then I asked about sajjad hussain. Mannadey wondered and asked how do you know about sajjad(may be my age made him think so). He spoke about 30mts about sajjad and his passion for music. Before I tell what mannadey told about sajjad, I would like you to tell a few things about sajjad-

The only music director to call Kishorekumar as shorkumar, Talat mahmood as Galat mahmood, Mukesh as a parsi singer and tell lata that yeh naushad mian ki gaana nahin hain aur mehnat karna padega.

The only music composer who had no assistants and used to everything himself.
Sajjad once commented Madanmohan for copying his song- Aajkal gaane se jyada uske nakal chal rahe hain. He was referring to Tujhe kya sunaon ae dilruba from the film Aakhri Dao sung by rafi. That song was very popular those days and was inspired by Sajjad`s Yeh hawa yeh raat yeh chandni(you can download this song from my site- And the same is song is inpiration to PREYASI MANOHARI VARINCHI). When Madanmohan was told that Sajjad has commented then Madanmohan replied, It is a great compliment and honour for me.

Anil biswas another great music composer of 50s told about Sajjad that " We all need some inspiration to compose but Sajjad never needs any inspiration, He is a creative genius, His music itself is inspiration to many".

Inthati kyathi undi sajjad ku and this person was a tremendous Mandolin player. He enthralled the core Carnatic Audience in chennai (the likes of GNB, Chembai, Semmangudi etc) with his mandolin. Almost all his songs have mandolin and that mandolin is completely different from what present day mandolinsts sound.

Try to listen the mandolin in the background throughout the film MUTHYALA MUGGU and that mandolin is played by none other than sajjad hussain. I tried to filter only Mandolin sound from the VCD of muthyalamuggu but couldnt do.I would like you people to listen a few songs(sajjad has composed for only 14 films) of him

1. Ae dilruba and Bechain nazar betaab jigar from Rustum sohrab
2. Yeh hawa yeh raat from sangdil
3. Aaj mere naseeb ne from Hulchual
4. Kaali kaali raat from Saaiyyan

Intha peru prakhyatulunna MD gurinchi Mannadey told that He is the one composer who never compromised for the quality and was very rigid. If the Producer could not understand what raaga it is then he used to walk out from that film. He died penniless two years back.

I think I have written more than required . Surya I was also thinking to post something in the Hindi section atleast once in a month(but I am sure only a few like this kind of stuff).

BTW the film for which ramesh naidu composed in hindi was HAMLET(1954), vcd UNDO ledho we have to search now.

If surya or Srini, coming to Blore pl make a point to meet me without fail.Bye
Nandakishor K
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Kishor..

We are very happy to have a person like you as our site's fan. I thoroughly enjoyed the line "How AR Rehman spoiled the vandE mAtaram song" from your post.

I was a little disappointed to see your post incomplete. Pl. write about it in the Hindi Section (make a thread like "A few moments with Manna De").

Thanks,
Srini
K.V.RANGA RAO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Mannadey Reply with quote

Hats off Kishor,

Really you are an asset to the site. You have a vast knowledge both in

Telugu as well as in Hindi old melodies. Mannadey was a great singer,

but in my view he has not get so much recognition. Anyway we have got

so much information regarding this great singer through you. Keep on

writing this type of informative posts. Till date I don't know that Sajjid

had played the mandolin in the background for the film Muthyala Muggu.

Thank You

Ranga Rao
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nandu
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Mannadey! Your post served the purpose of this Discussion Board.

Once again I am spellbound with your knowledge. I consider myself as a quite knowlegeable person in film music. But today you proved me that I am no way near to the knowledge you people have. I feel shy to admit that I haven't heard (atleast don't remember) anything of Sajjad Hussain. Ofcourse my interest in Hindi Music has gone very little to songs before 60's. It is unbelievable to me that someone of your age can have so much interest and knowledge about the 'ancient' (relatively in myview) songs, singers and music directors.

Frankly all I could find known to me in your post is 'preyasi manohari...' song which is one of my alltime favourites from Varasatvam.

What is the status of your website now? Have you ever updated it again after starting? I think we should have a link to your website from Chimatamusic so that visitors to this site can have a look at your site.
Srini, can you do this?

Thank you once again Nandu and will look forward to your wonderful posts. I too will try to participate once the subject of discussion comes into my known era.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kishor,

I will be glad to link up your site from this site. Provide me the link.

Yes.. your music taste in extraordinary.. Pl. write some guest articles or write to DB on a frequent basis and I am sure that a lot of folks would love to know more and more from you Smile

Thanks
Srini
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: WHY DB IS SILENT FOR ALMOST 15DAYS Reply with quote

HI FRIENDS,

I COULD FIND TIME TO ACCESS INTERNET SO ABSENT TO DB FOR LAST 15DAYS. AND WHEN I OPENED TODAY THINKING THAT i MIGHT HAVE MISSED LOT OF DISCUSSIONS, i WAS SURPRISED THAT DB IS SILENT AND ONLY 2 POSTS ARE THERE. wHY SUDDEN SILENCE

kISHOR
vbhagavathula

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice article by Nandakishore. I was in India and had plans of meeting Nandakishore and Surya but time did not permit. I am planning to be again during April and after going through this discussion it will be a plea(trea)sure to meet you. I will check with Srini.
I was going through all the posts that I missed.
I also happened to attend SPB concert and it is treat to telugu people. There is already a link about this concert. I will try give some more information later.

Cheers
Venu
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kishor,

I guess it is just coincidental that the DB has been idle for the last three weeks or so.

For the last one year, only a handful of people (like you, Hanuman, Santha Ram etc) are actively posting here. But I see that a lot of people are becoming members, but they are not posting any messages Sad

Let us keep the db active.

Cheers,
Srini
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Movie details of Subba Rao ki kOpam vacchindi and aggi dora. Reply with quote

Hi folks,

This week (02/15/07), I have hosted a melody from Narayana Rao's Subba Rao ki kOpam vacchindi. Except that the hero is Narayana Rao, I don't know any other details like heroine, producer, director names and the movie story. I guess the hero is a helpless, middle class fellow and if the movie is made now, the tag line for the movie could be "pEdavAdi kOpam pedaviki chETu".

In coming weeks, I want to host a Ghantasala's melody, endunnAvO O chelee" song from aggi dora. I know that is Kantha Rao's movie. But I don't other details (story, heroine, banner/producer, director etc)..

Can some one throw light on these two movies? Smile

Thanks,
Srini
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Movie details of Subba Rao ki kOpam vacchindi and aggi d Reply with quote

schimata2 wrote:
Hi folks,

In coming weeks, I want to host a Ghantasala's melody, endunnAvO O chelee" song from aggi dora. I know that is Kantha Rao's movie. But I don't other details (story, heroine, banner/producer, director etc)..

Thanks,
Srini

I just googled and found out that the MD is Vijaya Krishna Murthy and the heroine is Rajasree and the movie was released in 1967.

Srini
jmk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini,
Subbarao ki kopam vachindi..released in 1981, directed by dhavala Satyam.

thanks,
jmk.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmk wrote:
Srini,
Subbarao ki kopam vachindi..released in 1981, directed by dhavala Satyam.

thanks,
jmk.

Thanks Maruthi for the info.

Srini
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: song of the week Reply with quote

srini,

Just to add that Pagale vennela has been inspired by the immortal hindi composition " aadha hai chandrama raat aadhi ".

By the way can you add a bit of the same song sung by susheela at the end of this song(pallavi maathram repeated by susheela for Savithri)

Kishor
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kishor,

I did not watch this movie.. when my parents came here the last time, I got the DVD for them, but did not have enough patience to watch that movie Sad

I just have this song for now... Next week or so, I will get the DVD and record the song again as per your suggestion Smile

BTW, I just updated the comments on this song..

Thanks,
Srini
sunson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini,

Ilayaraja composed music for two more movies of Sobhan - Mister Bharat and Aswamedham.

Regards
Sunson
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Sunson..

I don't consider Aswamedham as Sobhan's movie. It is Balayya's movie and Sobhan is a character actor, right? I did not watch the movie though.

So, another movie is Mr. Bharat! thanks for the info. I will correct it soon.

Thanks,
Srini
jmk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

** I don't consider Aswamedham as Sobhan's movie. It is Balayya's movie and Sobhan is a character actor, right? I did not watch the movie though. **

Sobhan acted as Balayya's elder brother..and commits suicide by interval.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmk wrote:
** I don't consider Aswamedham as Sobhan's movie. It is Balayya's movie and Sobhan is a character actor, right? I did not watch the movie though. **

Sobhan acted as Balayya's elder brother..and commits suicide by interval.

Thanks Maruthi..

Srini
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Songs on ChimataMusic.com All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: