Welcome to ChimataMusic Discussion Board
Let us keep all the Telugu Melodies Alive through Healthy Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O.. hrudayam lEni priyurAlA..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Songs on ChimataMusic.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: O.. hrudayam lEni priyurAlA.. Reply with quote

Since the time (a couple of days ago) I uploaded this song , it has constantly been on my mind most of the time. I have an idea to host all Patho songs on a seperate page for a long time and now this song hastens me to get the page ready pretty soon.

So far, I think I have a special palce in my heart for Balu's pathos songs like eDArilO kOyila, evariki telusu.. chitikina manasu, nEnoka prEma pipAsini, prEma enta madhuram etc.. now this song has joined that list Smile

Does any one post the movie/song details (Hanuman comes first to my mind)? The movie is kanne manasulu..

I guess the song was picturized on Ram Mohan. Who is the heroine? Is this the same movie, where Gummadi was a decoit (I am not joking lol), who later becomes a rich man, but still keeps repenting for his bad deeds done in the past? I guess Krishna is a chAkali in Ram Mohan's house and the latter, for fun, forces Krishna to be in his place and hence Krishna marries a rich girl eventually.

Srini
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, hanuman comes to rescue Very Happy . You are pretty much right about every detail of the movie. I saw the movie long back and don't remember all the details but yes this movie was picturized on Ram Mohan (aka Andhra Dev Anand those days).

The heroine of the movie was one Sukanya. Sukanya, I believe, was popular for a brief period before vanishing into obscurity.

It is hard to believe now but Ram Mohan at one point was more popular than Krishna and he played a couple of lead roles while Krishna played supporting roles. Krishna did get popular with his chakali thippadu role in this movie so much so that many people believed that he belonged to the chakali caste in real life!

The movie also has the erstwhile character actress Pushpa Kumari (who played Allu's wife in Sankarabharanam) in a very iportant role called Gajulamma in this movie. Gummadi, in his decoit days kidnaps Pushpa Kumari when she was on her way to her wedding. He tries to rape her but in the struggle she manages to throw a latern on his face and he loses his eyesight. He then reforms and becomes a good man in a village. He remembers her as Gajulamma because of the bangles she wares that day. In the mean time, she gets a bad rap for her perceived loss of chastity (which was not true) and loses the opportunity to marry and live a normal life. She would be seeking revenge on the decoit (she doesn't remember his face or anything) that was responsible for her misfortune.

The rest of the story was about how her path crosses with Gummadi's.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
Krishna did get popular with his chakali thippadu role in this movie so much so that many people believed that he belonged to the chakali caste in real life!

Exactly.. one of my classmates during our 8th class was betting wtih me that he was a chAkali (with due apologies for the public.. I don't mean to belittle any one here) Smile

In villages, the characters of the actors they play do make such a deep impression on the people. In fact, I did not know the comedian, Bala Krishna's real name until my high school days. I used to think that his name was "Anji gADu".

Last edited by schimata2 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:17 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:

The movie also has the erstwhile character actress Pushpa Kumari (who played Allu's wife in Sankarabharanam) in a very iportant role called Gajulamma in this movie. Gummadi, in his decoit days kidnaps Pushpa Kumari when she was on her way to her wedding. He tries to rape her but in the struggle she manages to throw a latern on his face and he loses his eyesight. He then reforms and becomes a good man in a village. He remembers her as Gajulamma because of the bangles she wares that day. In the mean time, she gets a bad rap for her perceived loss of chastity (which was not true) and loses the opportunity to marry and live a normal life. She would be seeking revenge on the decoit (she doesn't remember his face or anything) that was responsible for her misfortune.

The rest of the story was about how her path crosses with Gummadi's.

Thanks for refreshing my memory, Hanuman!

When I was watching this movie in my high school days, I could not digest this stupid thread on Gummadi and Pushpa Kumari (I guess she was introduced by Aadurthi in "tEne manasulu" and later she used to play some roles in Madala Ranga Rao movies as well like erra mallelu, swarAjyam etc) and wanted to run out of the theatre, as I was getting bored.. I expected some fights as Krishna was a hero. After Gummadi transforms from the bandit to a repsonsibile citizen, he builds a temple on "gAjulamma" (thanks Hanuman again for getting this name.. some word like mAvULLamma or nUkAlamma was going around in my mind earlier Smile ) and he worships her on a regular basis. I was not able to co-relate the title and this silly thread on Gummadi in the movie in those school days.. Now I wish I could see the movie again just for this song.
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name Gajulamma was easy to remember because the movie had a (then very) popular song (which was a enacted drama sequence by Krishna and Vanishree in the movie) which goes like అమ్మలగన్నా అమ్మా గాజులమ్మా.... To repent for his past deeds (ప్రాయశ్ఛితం), Gummadi arranges every year a song and dance sequence about the "goddess" Gajulamma and her story (in which he himself was the villain but the villagers did not know it). This song was sung and performed on the stage by Krishna and Vanishree.

Looking back, it was an OK movie but nothing worth remembering or great about the movie.

As Sreeni himself reiterated, I brought out the reference of chakali tippadu in the movie to show the influence that movie characters have on the real life in a ligther tone, and in no way, intented to demean any caste or community. My sincere apologies to anyone who might have felt offended by any caste reference here.
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: O.. hrudayam lEni priyurAlA.. Reply with quote

schimata2 wrote:

So far, I think I have a special palce in my heart for Balu's pathos songs like eDArilO kOyila, evariki telusu.. chitikina manasu, nEnoka prEma pipAsini, prEma enta madhuram etc.. now this song has joined that list Smile
Srini

Here are some of my favorite pathos songs by Ghantasala:

1. bommanu chesi pranamu posi (devata)
2. raanika neekosam sakhi, raadika vasantha maasam (mayani mamata)
3. nelato needa annadi (manchi rojulochchayi)
4. nuvvu..nenu..nadichindi...oke bata oke bata (dabbuku lokam dasoham)
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: O.. hrudayam lEni priyurAlA.. Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
schimata2 wrote:

Srini

Here are some of my favorite pathos songs by Ghantasala:

1. bommanu chesi pranamu posi (devata)
2. raanika neekosam sakhi, raadika vasantha maasam (mayani mamata)
3. nelato needa annadi (manchi rojulochchayi)
4. nuvvu..nenu..nadichindi...oke bata oke bata (dabbuku lokam dasoham)

You believe it or not.. I already covered all these four songs in my Pathos list. In particular, the last song is equally haunting one. I never knew that there is a solo song.. Even when Surya sent me this song a while ago, I thought I was hosting a duet. I read somewhere that ghantasala's wife likes the song, rAnika nee kOsam very much.

Initially I wanted to contain the list only to Balu songs (maybe starting from "ninnu marachi pOvAlani" and stopping at "abhinandana" songs. But now, I have to decided to add some significant number of Ghantasala songs as well to the list.
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on the nuvvu nenu song. What is remarkable with KVM is that with probably a few subtle changes in the tune, he manages to create a happy one and a pathos one which are almost identical in tune yet very different in the mood!

While you are in the mood of adding variety to the pathos genre, here are some of my favorite songs by other male singers to consider if you can get hold of them.

1. manasu leni devudu manishikenduko manasichachadu by P. Ramakrishna from movie premalu pellillu.
2. doorana doorana taradeepam by G. Anand from maa bangarakka.
3. tanuvukenni gayalaina masipovu naelaagaina by PB Srinivas from Aada brathuku.
4. nijamaina kala aina niraashalo okatele by Ghantasala from mooganomu.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
I agree with you on the nuvvu nenu song. What is remarkable with KVM is that with probably a few subtle changes in the tune, he manages to create a happy one and a pathos one which are almost identical in tune yet very different in the mood!

While you are in the mood of adding variety to the pathos genre, here are some of my favorite songs by other male singers to consider if you can get hold of them.

1. manasu leni devudu manishikenduko manasichachadu by P. Ramakrishna from movie premalu pellillu.
2. doorana doorana taradeepam by G. Anand from maa bangarakka.
3. tanuvukenni gayalaina masipovu naelaagaina by PB Srinivas from Aada brathuku.
4. nijamaina kala aina niraashalo okatele by Ghantasala from mooganomu.

Let me post the songs that I have on my mind.. then you can add to the list.

The above Anand's song.. hero "ee bratuku nu elA eeDva galanu?" ani pATalO EDustunTADu and I guess Anand did a 100% justice to it Wink
I already included 3 and 4 songs on my list. We don't have the first one (thanks for letting us know about it).

Thanks Hanuman gAru for all your suggestions.

Cheers,
Srini
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: pathos Reply with quote

srini,

Dont say this song is not in my mind for adding in pathos

The song which is sung in lowest octave, intakanna kindi stayilo evaru paadaleru anipinchina malliswari song- Avuna nijamena by ghantasala and bhanumathi

Kishor(naa spl korika)
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: pathos Reply with quote

NANDAKISHOR K wrote:
srini,

Dont say this song is not in my mind for adding in pathos

The song which is sung in lowest octave, intakanna kindi stayilo evaru paadaleru anipinchina malliswari song- Avuna nijamena by ghantasala and bhanumathi

Kishor(naa spl korika)

endukO gAni aa pATalu nAku antagA ekkavu... my cousin, Babu always quotes my taste on Saluri's melodies "dunna pOtu meeda varsham paDDaTTE" ani.. I am KVM/Sathyam fan and he is Rajeswara Rao's fan.

But I will host that song for you (though I have not heard it hitherto).

Cheers,
Srini
movie_lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini,
One more patho song:
'chinta chiguru pulupani
cheekaTanTe nalupani
cheppande teliyani chinna pilla
adi cheruvulO perugutunna chEpa pilla
abham subham teliyani pichchi pilla'

from the movie 'O seetha katha'...
sunson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if the discussion is moving towards Philisophical songs. In that case following songs also deserve a mention.

"Chilaka E Thodu leka" from Subhalagnam
"Nadaka saagithe raadari" from "Intinti Bhagavatham"
"Pasivado Yemito" from "Seetharatnamgari Abbayi"
"Yaadike ne parugu" from "Malle moggalu"

Regards
Sunson
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunson wrote:
I am not sure if the discussion is moving towards Philisophical songs. In that case following songs also deserve a mention.

"Chilaka E Thodu leka" from Subhalagnam
"Nadaka saagithe raadari" from "Intinti Bhagavatham"
"Pasivado Yemito" from "Seetharatnamgari Abbayi"
"Yaadike ne parugu" from "Malle moggalu"

Regards
Sunson

Sorry Movie_Lover and Sunson..

I don't want to dilute the pathos (either sad or bhagna prEma) songs with the above songs you have mentioned.. from ghantasala era around 20 and from Balu era around 30..
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: pathos Reply with quote

srini,

My choice of top fifteen ghantasala pathos

1. Brathukanta baadhaga- devata

2. Avuna nijamena - malliswari

3. Jagame maya - devadas

4. kudi edamaithe - devadas

5. oh hrudayam leni priyuraala - kanne manasulu

6. raanika nee kosam - mayani mamatha

7. vidhi oka vishavalayam - matrudevata

8. neeli meghaalalo -- bavamaradallu

9. nelatho needa annadi - manchirojuluvachchayi

10. Ee jevana tarangalalo - jeevana tarangalu

11. muddabanti puvvulo

12. paaduta theeyaga from moogamanasulu

13. manasugati inthe -- premnagar

14. ekkada unna emaina --- muralikrishna

15. payaninche o chilaka - kuladaivam

nandakishor K

a. muddabant
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: pathos Reply with quote

srini,

1. Brathukanta baadhaga- devata

2. Avuna nijamena - malliswari

3. Jagame maya - devadas

4. kudi edamaithe - devadas

5. oh hrudayam leni priyuraala - kanne manasulu

6. raanika nee kosam - mayani mamatha

9. nelatho needa annadi - manchirojuluvachchayi

11. muddabanti puvvulo

13. manasugati inthe -- premnagar

14. ekkada unna emaina --- muralikrishna

nandakishor K
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: pathos Reply with quote

NANDAKISHOR K wrote:
srini,

3. Jagame maya - devadas

11. muddabanti puvvulo

nandakishor K

Hi Kishor,

While your list of songs are among all-time greats of Ghantasala, I don' think the above songs (3,7,8,10,11,12, 15) fall under the pathos (bhagna prema) category. Of course, you may disagree Very Happy .

Here are a couple more songs that can fall under the pathos category.

1. akasha deshana ashadha masana -- yesudas / megha sandesham. This is not exactly bhagna prema song but the hero is a married man platonically attached to another woman and he is frustrated with his general life.

2. evari kosam -- ghantasala / premanagar. classic bhagna prema song.
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: pathos Reply with quote

hanuman garu,

sorry, nenu pathos ante vishada geetalu anukonnanu. so I listed those songs.

Kishor
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: pathos Reply with quote

NANDAKISHOR K wrote:
hanuman garu,

sorry, nenu pathos ante vishada geetalu anukonnanu. so I listed those songs.

Kishor

maree vishAdAlu peTTanakkara lEdu (like chanduruni minchu, kanupapa karavaina etc). I was busy with KMV hungaama all this week. I should find some time this weekend for the Pathos page.

Thanks,
Srini
movie_lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'gAli vAnalO vAna neeTilO
gAli vAnalO vAna neeTilO
paDava prayAnam' from 'swayamvaram'

'maru malliya kanna tellanidi
makarandam kanna tiyyanidi' from 'mallepuvvu'
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: pathos Reply with quote

srini,

Malleswari song avuna nijamena nuvvu vinaleda intavaraku????????

If you have not listened yet ,listen once and give me ur opinion,

endukante aa paata naa okkadike nachinda leka janalaku kooda nachinda ani telusukondamani

Kishor
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: pathos Reply with quote

NANDAKISHOR K wrote:
srini,

Malleswari song avuna nijamena nuvvu vinaleda intavaraku????????

If you have not listened yet ,listen once and give me ur opinion,

endukante aa paata naa okkadike nachinda leka janalaku kooda nachinda ani telusukondamani

Kishor

Kishore..

Just listened to the song.

I am afraid if we put this song on the top of the list, people may doze off lol

If you think it would fit into the mood of other songs there, we can have it there.

Thanks,
Srini
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: pathos Reply with quote

srini,

ok. generally many say that these three songs stand t estimony to ghantasala. for Highpitch, lowpitch and Low to high pitch.

NO problem we will try to add it when we write something abt ghantasala

Nandakishor K
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like the song but as Srini said it can easily put listeners to sleep Very Happy . I see that there are two problems with the song. First it may be true that it is a testimony of Ghantasala Master's ability to sing in the lowest octave possible but it also means that the tune can be very monotonous and droning to the casual (read as most) listeners. Second, the movie Malleeswari features severla all-time classic hit songs including some lively ones and this one looks very dull compared to them (again to the majority of casual listeners).
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: malleswari song Reply with quote

hanuman,

I very well know that generally songs liked me doesnt go with public taste. The same is the case with Neeli meghaalalo, many/all prefer the version of janaki whereas I like ghantasala version.

Similary of all the songs of malleswari, devulapalli got the fame whereas for this song, saluri received the accolades. The speciality of this song is Ghantasala sings in a low octave whereas bhanumati starts with high octave(later the song nannu dochukonduvate is also made in similar contrasting octaves).

kishor
kkleo99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schimata2 wrote:
hanuman wrote:
Krishna did get popular with his chakali thippadu role in this movie so much so that many people believed that he belonged to the chakali caste in real life!

Exactly.. one of my classmates during our 8th class was betting wtih me that he was a chAkali (with due apologies for the public.. I don't mean to belittle any one here) Smile

In villages, the characters of the actors they play do make such a deep impression on the people. In fact, I did not know the comedian, Bala Krishna's real name until my high school days. I used to think that his name was "Anji gADu".

Srini garu and others,
Pardon me for mentioning that this song "O hridayamleni priyuraalaa" is not from "Kanne Manasulu" movie. I have recently not only seen the movie, but also ripped songs and uploaded in www.pathabangaram.com too. Unfortunately, I do not remember from which movie this song is.

regards,

kkleo99
jmk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kkleo99, its from 'kanne manasulu' movie only.
treachcaurf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Музык& Reply with quote

My twitter

리얼레이싱3 버그판apk
Watch This Link!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
treachcaurf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Код яз& Reply with quote

My twitter

rs photo recovery 4.
Full Versions
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
treachcaurf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Корот& Reply with quote

My twitter

EvilAngel - Christian XXX, Nanda Molinari - T-Girl Nanda Does A Muscle Stud (...
Haziran 2015 (593)
treachcaurf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: П с И вс&a Reply with quote

My twitter

Tutankhamun
0 comments
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Songs on ChimataMusic.com All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: