Welcome to ChimataMusic Discussion Board
Let us keep all the Telugu Melodies Alive through Healthy Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discussion on Weekly Songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Songs on ChimataMusic.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song పండగంటి వెన్నెలంతా was picturized on Ranganath and Lakshmi and not Deepa (the other popular song మానస వీణా was picturized on Deepa). The other song of the week ఈ రాతిరి ఓ చందమామా was loosely composed with the tune of हम् दोनो दो प्रेमी from the movie Ajnabee (Rajesh Khanna and Zeenath). If you listen carefully to the tune you will see the similarities between the tunes of the songs.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hanuman for correcting me..

I was a little doubtful on this, as I did not watch Panthulamma.. Sri of Telugucinema.com recently told me that it is now available on VCD in india (he knows that I have been searching for it for ages).
http://cgi.ebay.in/Pantulamma-Telugu-Movie-VCD_W0QQitemZ190102881557QQihZ009QQcategoryZ88408QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I will ask some one to bring it for me during thier India trip.

My cousin saw this movie (almost 20 years ago) and told me during that time that Sarath Babu rapes Deepa in this movie. I just want to see which song is picturized on which heroine. Can you pl. list out that info? My guesses were as follows:

1. mAnasa veena, masaserigana vADu, sirimalle neeve, eDArilO kOyila on Lakshmi; panDaganTi and tEneTeega is on Deepa... It seems I am wrong Sad

I just made a guess that such a sensual song must have been picturized on Deepa (I truely wish too)... hahaha.. I corrected the entry now.

One more doubt... It seems that Singeetam likes Deepa a lot Wink He gave her second heroine roles in movies such as america ammAyi, andamE Anamdam, pantulamma and pilla zamindaar.

Srini

Last edited by schimata2 on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schimata2 wrote:
Thanks Hanuman for correcting me..

I just made a guess that such a sensual song must have been picturized on Deepa (I truely wish too)... hahaha..

Srini

Well, if you get a hold of that VCD, I can assure you that you won't be disappointed with watching Deepa in the other song మానస వీణా Very Happy
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanuman..

Singeetam made the same movie in Malayalam as "Lady Teacher". But google search tells me that it was released in 1982... but I doubt that it must have been the original one and released in 1975/76.

I also asked Sri to find out which one is original and which one is a remake. He is going to contact Singeetam and let me know which one is the original..

Srini
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanuman..

BTW, is Deepa the pantulamma? I always assumed it is Lakshmi..

Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini,

Pantulamma must be the original since it was released around 1978. Lakshmi is the pantulamma and main heroine. Deepa has a short but very important role. I can give you a glimpse of the story if you don't mind a spoiler!
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hanuman..

Even Sri confirmed (got it from Mrs. Singeetham) that pantulamma is the orginal and Lady Teacher is the dubbed Malayalam movie.

Can you pl. post the story here? I am sure many people would like to know the story, as many people might have missed it watching. I will again put it in the Desc. of the Weekly pick.

Thanks,
Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here is the story as far as I can remember (saw it almost 30 years ago and never saw any recaps of it later!)

Ranganath is a successful man and a good singer with a loving wife Deepa and a young son. The movie actually starts with Ranganath singing a tragic song (edarilo koyila) remembering his dead wife (Deepa) who apparently died in a car accident earlier. He never knew how she met with the accident and did not have a proper closure on her ending. As he continues to mourn he starts neglecting his son and his general responsibilities. Then one of his uncles/wellwishers hires Lakshmi as a teacher to his son and to generally take care of the boy and generally fill in the role of the dead mother.

The rest of the story is about how Lakshmi slowly takes control of the situation and starts winning the heart of the boy as well as Ranganath who slowly comes out of depression and starts loving Lakshmi. In between Ranganath also recollects his sweet memories with Deepa (manasaveena song) and in the flashbacks we will get to know about Deepa. We will also learn (and so does Ranganath) that there was a villain Sarath Babu (I don't think there were any rape scenes) who tries to blackmail Deepa (she was innocent though) and how she becomes helpless trying to protect her purity and not let Ranganath know about the blackmail business. We will also learn that she decides to take her own life and portray it as an accident to put an end to the blackmail and to preserve Ranganath's reputation.

All ends well with Ranganath punishing the bad guy and marrying Lakshmi. The main theme of the story is however about Lakshmi transforms the lives of the boy and Ranganath and that's why the title Pantulamma.

I didn't read your first email too carefully and here is the information as I can remember about song picturizations:

1. Edarilo Koyila -- Ranganath and Deepa (Ranganath singing in a radio station remembeering his dead wife Deepa and some sweet memories)
2. Manaserigina vadu -- I think this is Lakshmi with the boy but I mabe wrong and it could as well be Deepa with her son; you know 30 years back!
3. Manasa Veena -- Ranganath and Deepa (One of those flashbacks). Very good pciturization!
4. Teneteega -- Lakshmi and Ranganath. I think she is in a studio and then she fantasizess singing this with Ranganath.
5. Pandaganti -- Ranganath and Lakshmi. By now Ranganath gets out of depression and starts developing a romantic relationships towards Lakshmi. Very catchy song. I remember everyone in the theater gently clapping (Talam veyadam in telugu) for this song.
6. Sirimalle -- Ranganath and Lakshmi. This is a Thanksgiving song by Ranganath to Lakshmi for all the good she has done to him and his son.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hanuman..

I have made the appropriate changes on the description of the weekly pick.

Let me know any song that I am missing here. We will hosting almost 200 more songs ( mostly the ones with the stars on the site) in next couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Srini
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Does any one know the story of gOranta deepam movie? I want to host the title song in this week's weekly picks section. I never watched the movie. It would be great, if some one can post which songs were picturized on which artists. In Sridhar's section, I hosted all songs from the movie.

Thanks in advance,
Srini
jmk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srini,

i can't write as good as our fellow member hanuman garu..but i try my best Smile

This movie can be considered as Muthyala muggu-2. Sridhar and Vanisri are newly married couple and Sridhar is a badminton player who keeps on travelling for tournaments. Suryakantam is typical teluguinTi atha (mother-in-law) character who keeps on harassing Vanisri. Raogopal rao is Suryakantam's husband.

Mohan Babu is good friend of Sridhar. Unable to bear the harassment of Suryakantam, Sridhar and Vanisri come out of the house. Mohan Babu helps them out in finding a house and makes them settle by helping financially also. At the same time, Mohan Babu eyes on Vanisri. He acts as good guy before Sridhar, but when Vanisri is alone he tries to lure her.

Rao gopal rao has a gang like Allu and few others..I think they all encourage one day MB to rape vanisri when Sridhar is away. Raogopal rao not knowing the truth that its none other than her daughter in law.
But somehow she escapes.. mmm..thats all I remember.

finally it ends on a happy note.

But the movie has few great verses (padyalu) sung by the legend P.B.Srinivas, and shot on Mohan Babu.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Maruthi..

I got the story line from a friend in db.princemahesh.com as well.

As I will be very busy at work tomorrow, I updated the Weekly songs today evening itself.

Cheers,
Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srini,

the song "gorantha deepam" is literally a title song in that it comes at the very beginning when they show titles and not picturized on anyone Rolling Eyes
I thought it was a waste of such a great lyric and great tune and couldn't understand how a great director like Bapu did that!

jmk summarized the story very well.

Apart from the title song, one of my all time favorite songs from this movie is రాయినైనా కాకపోతిని by P.Susheela.

Last edited by hanuman on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: rayinaina Reply with quote

hi,

Just to add that Rayinaina Kaakapothini, I consider as one of the Arudra"s all time ten great songs.

Arudra himself accepted on many occasions that this is one of his best song and always makes a point to talk about CiNaRe.

According to Arudra, CiNaRe called Arudra at around 11pm in the night immediately after listening to this song in a radio and appreciated him.

Nandakishor
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: rayinaina Reply with quote

NANDAKISHOR K wrote:
hi,

Just to add that Rayinaina Kaakapothini, I consider as one of the Arudra"s all time ten great songs.

Arudra himself accepted on many occasions that this is one of his best song and always makes a point to talk about CiNaRe.

According to Arudra, CiNaRe called Arudra at around 11pm in the night immediately after listening to this song in a radio and appreciated him.

Nandakishor

Nice to know that Kishor..

We had a long-lasting debate on the lyricist of the title song (cinAre v/s Arudra).. Finally got a confirmation that CinAnE is the actual lyricist.

Srini
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
srini,

the song "gorantha deepam" is literally a title song in that it comes at the very beginning when they show titles and not picturized on anyone Rolling Eyes
I thought it was a waste of such a great lyric and great tune and couldn't understand how a great director like Bapu did that!

Actually I felt the same way when I saw "kAnchana ganga" movie.. "vanita.. lata.. kavita" song also comes as a back-drop song during the titles.. I guess this one (1984/85) was inspired by gOranta deepam song Smile Similarly another song is the "palukE bangAramAyerA" song in andAla rAmuDu.

Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kurradu song was picturized on Rajanikanth and Sangeetha. She plays the role of a strong feminine (somewhat arrogant) older sister. When her brother brings his friend Rajanikanth to their house she keeps referring to him as "kurradu". Of course, Rajanikanth has a crush on her and so he decides to finally tease her a bit with this song. As the song progresses, we can see that Sangeetha starts taking him seriously and we can sense that she is slowly falling in love with him.

This movie was later remade in Tamil (by K. Balachander) as well with Kamal Hassan playing the role of Rajini. The counterpart song "kamban aemaandhaan" is also very nice and popular in Tamil, also composed by MS Vishwanathan.

I don't know how to describe this feeling but there must be a thing like mood or something in the music. Since MS Vishwanathan himself compsed both songs there is some kind of common mood in both Telugu and Tamil songs that is beyond the languages (the tunes are different). I am saying this because when I listened to the Tamil song (when I was in Madras for my studies), I somehow had the feeling that it was the counterpart for the "kurradu" song even though I didn't know a thing about the song or language Smile Some of it could be in the way SPB sang both these songs as well. Unfortunately I cannot say this about most of the cut-and-paste saongs these days where pretty much any song can be picturized on any pair in any movie.

One more thing. This is one of the best performances by Narayana Rao. He truly lives in the role of an innocent and big-hearted servant.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hanuman for correcting me .. We watched this movie in IITK in 1994 (in the Hall 5 TV room), when it was coming on Door Darshan on Sunday..Usually, they screen one Regional movie on every Sunday afternoon, right after the "badhirula vArtalu.. During those 6, 7 years (my B.Tech & M.Tech in Jaipur and Kanpur), I always tried to watch all those Telugu movies (our Telugu movie's turn is once in every 2-3 months).

I now recall that I missed first half of the movie and I must have missed this song too.

BTW, I updated the description of the song and mentioned your name too Smile

Cheers,
Srini

Last edited by schimata2 on Thu May 10, 2007 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:

I don't know how to describe this feeling but there must be a thing like mood or something in the music. Since MS Vishwanathan himself compsed both songs there is some kind of common mood in both Telugu and Tamil songs that is beyond the languages (the tunes are different). I am saying this because when I listened to the Tamil song (when I was in Madras for my studies), I somehow had the feeling that it was the counterpart for the "kurradu" song even though I didn't know a thing about the song or language Smile Some of it could be in the way SPB sang both these songs as well. Unfortunately I cannot say this about most of the cut-and-paste saongs these days where pretty much any song can be picturized on any pair in any movie.

When Surya sent me this song almost a year ago, I instantly liked it and it haunted me for a few days all the time. Though I did not request this song, Surya himself sent me this song saying that it was a very popular one in the late 70's. Only after listening to it, I was able to recall the song.

The way Balu smiles in the song is simply superb.. my personal feeling is that Balu's voice was at a zenith during the mid and the late 70's.

hanuman wrote:

One more thing. This is one of the best performances by Narayana Rao. He truly lives in the role of an innocent and big-hearted servant.

We (4, 5 Telugu guys) were watching this movie in the TV Room and when I saw Narayana Rao on the screen, I almost took him as the comdian, Saradhi and I was wondering how Saradhi do such a complex role.. Within next few minutes, I identified him as Narayana Rao..

Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song of this week ఏ ఊరు ఏ వాడ అందగాడా was picturized on Krishna ...and.... Helen! Yes, this was one of the very few Telugu songs where Helen appeared.
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: helen Reply with quote

hi,

Watch helen at her best in Bhookailas

kishor
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
The song of this week ఏ ఊరు ఏ వాడ అందగాడా was picturized on Krishna ...and.... Helen! Yes, this was one of the very few Telugu songs where Helen appeared.

Thanks Hanuman gAru,

The first time I saw this movie was some time during my 7th grade in our Nuthalapadu theatre and obviously except Jayamanlini, Jyothi Lakshimi etc, I did not know other dancers at that age Smile That time, we (me and my cousin Vinnakota Srinu) used to imitate the way Krishna put his hands in his trousers' pockets... I still remember it. I again watched this movie almost 7, 8 years ago on video- I rented the movie to watch this song and wanted to recall how Krishna lookedand who the female dancer was in this song and unfortunately the song was missing in the video.

One more thing in this song is "gukkalu taDipi" line.. it sounded to me for long time as "kukkalu taDipi" and I was always confused with it (how come a writer would write sucha line and singers would sing it).

Cheers,
Srini
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: About NTR's mAyA maScheendra (1975) movie.. Reply with quote

HanumAn gAru..

I guess you might have seen this movie, mAyA maScheendra. Pl. check out my Weekly Songs movie details and correct me if I am wrong. It would be great if you can post a detailed story here.

Surya,
BTW, did you happen to watch this movie?

Cheers,
Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srini,

you may drop the "garu' part Very Happy . I saw the movie when it was first released but don't remember too many details about it. you are right about the story revolving around ntr, vanisree, and ramakrishna. the only thing i vividly remember even today is that there was a climax song for ramakrishna where he says the magic words "alak niranjan" which make lamps glow. I think towards the end ntr in his human form decides to remain as human and this climax song was to remind ntr to come back to his divine form. I am not 100% sure about this part though.
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini

Even I saw this movie in the first release(around 1975) and don't remember much:(. I don't think it would have been released again to give an opportunity for any one to watch:)

All I remember is the Mohini avataram of Vishnu to distribute nectar was played by Kanchana. The song is 'sudha neeke neeke ivvana...' sung by S.Janaki.

Vanisri is the ruler of a women kingdom (or Queendom) where men are treated as slaves. She falls in love with NTR. Later NTR takes up sanyasam and Ramakrishna is his main disciple who travels places preaching his gurus philosophy. I too remember the word 'alak niranjan' uttered by Ramakrishna.

The other songs in the movie are:

Ghallu ghallumani andelu mroga...

Magaraya pantaa lelara...

Pralayame pongaga swardhamae jeevita paramardhamuga...

Rara rajaneekara...

Taraka namame madhuramura...aa smarane mukti ki margamu ra
Jamesbond_007

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
srini,

you may drop the "garu' part Very Happy . I saw the movie when it was first released but don't remember too many details about it. you are right about the story revolving around ntr, vanisree, and ramakrishna. the only thing i vividly remember even today is that there was a climax song for ramakrishna where he says the magic words "alak niranjan" which make lamps glow. I think towards the end ntr in his human form decides to remain as human and this climax song was to remind ntr to come back to his divine form. I am not 100% sure about this part though.

More or less I've commented the same way in our DB Srini Smile
Jamesbond_007

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
srini,

. you are right about the story revolving around ntr, vanisree, and ramakrishna. the only thing i vividly remember even today is that there was a climax song for ramakrishna where he says the magic words "alak niranjan" which make lamps glow. I think towards the end ntr in his human form decides to remain as human and this climax song was to remind ntr to come back to his divine form. I am not 100% sure about this part though.

schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamesbond_007 wrote:

Nice to see your comment here. I visit your db just because of you, 116, DW, Jamadgni, and Vijay and share your extensive knowledge on our common interest i.e. 70's/80's Telugu movies.

Like you folks, we have Hanuman, Nanda Kishor, Santha Ram, Surya (netman), Movie_Lover (he comes there too), Maruthi etc here.

Cheers,
Srini
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: songs of the week Reply with quote

hi srini,

You are not mistaken. Ammayi manasu is a remake of the superhit film chitchor and that song is Aaj se pehle only.

Kishor
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: songs of the week Reply with quote

NANDAKISHOR K wrote:
hi srini,

You are not mistaken. Ammayi manasu is a remake of the superhit film chitchor and that song is Aaj se pehle only.

Kishor

Thanks Kishor for confirming it. I vaguely remembering reading it in Sitaara back in 1983 or so (I guess it was supposed to be released in 1981, but released in 1983 or so.. some thing like that.. not 100% sure though).

Later around 1987 or so, I saw this song on TV. After getting hooked up to the Hindi songs during my college days, I was able to corelate this song with Aaj Se Pehle song Smile adannamATa sangati..

Srini
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Krishna's chal mOhan rangA.. Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Has any one watched Krishna's chal mOhan rangA? If so, can you kindly post here the story line and other interesting details. I strongly feel that Veturi is the lyricist for the song, ghallu ghalluna kAli gajjelu.. song. Any other hit songs from this movie?

Cheers,
Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini, I watched the movie chal mohana ranga 3 decades back and don't remember much about the movie other than the fact that it was a typical masala movie with some skin show by Deepa. The song ghallu ghalluna is one of my favorite songs. I am 100% positive that it was not written by Veturi but by some other person whose name ends in Sastry. I don't think this Sastry wrote many lyrics for us to remember his name. Hopefully one of these days I may recollect his full name and then I will post it here. There was another good song jhallane ghallu ghallane in the movie annadammula katha (Balayya's movie) released around 1975. This song was also written by a person whose name ends in Sastry. May be the same Sastry wrote both these lyrics.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
Srini, I watched the movie chal mohana ranga 3 decades back and don't remember much about the movie other than the fact that it was a typical masala movie with some skin show by Deepa. The song ghallu ghalluna is one of my favorite songs. I am 100% positive that it was not written by Veturi but by some other person whose name ends in Sastry. I don't think this Sastry wrote many lyrics for us to remember his name. Hopefully one of these days I may recollect his full name and then I will post it here. There was another good song jhallane ghallu ghallane in the movie annadammula katha (Balayya's movie) released around 1975. This song was also written by a person whose name ends in Sastry. May be the same Sastry wrote both these lyrics.

Thanks Hanuman.. I know you would definitely respond to my post Wink

Pl. recall the full name of "Ghallu Sastri" gAru (as both songs are sounding ghallu ghallumani) and let me know. I remember watching a little of bit that movie, annadammula katha on Teja TV a few months ago. Got bored with it and turned off the TV.

Cheers,
Srini
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: chalmohana ranga Reply with quote

srini,

Naaku thelisi gollapudi chalmohanaranga lo paatalu raasadu. But enni paatalu raasado, evi raaasado theliyadu..

Kishor
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from db.princemahesh.com
================
Originally Posted by tatini
Gummadi, Shavukaru Janaki bharya bharthalu. chinna apartham moolana (Prabhakar Reddy(PR) Jamuna tho affair undi ani chepthadu PR valla avidatho..Gummandi vintoo undaga) Janaki ni vidichi gummadi koduku(SSK) ni teesukuni vellipothadu.
taruvatha SSK pedda vadu ayyi Janaki company lo manager ga join avuthadu.
Janaki bhartha, koduku kosam wait chesthoo untundi. PR koduku MB. MB SSK la natinchi Janaki daggaraki vasthadu. RGR koothuru ni MB rape chesthadu. aa ammai pichidi chachipothundi. RGR kasi teerchukundamanukunte PR and MB champestharu.
SSK veeri ata kattinchi Gummadi ni Janaki ni kalipi Deepa ni pelli chesukuntadu.

SSK palletoori vadi ga, job holder ga double action chesthadu heroine mundu....ee kramam lone ee "ghallu ghalluna kAli gajjelu mrOgangA.." song vasthundi.
inko manchi melody song undi.."ennallee thalapulu..kalala melukolupulu..."..i liked this better than the former.

titles lo Dashing Hero ani paduthundi.

Music-B.Sankar.
Songs by: dasaradhi, kosaraju, CNR, Jaladi, Gollapudi, Samudrala
Singers: SPB, P.Suseela, LRE, G.Anand, Vijayalakshmee Sarma
===========================

You are right, Kishor about Gollapudi.. but let us guess who might be the most appropriate one (writer of ghallu ghalluna song) from the list: Dasaradhi, Kosaraju, CNR, Jaladi, Gollapudi, and Samudrala

Cheers,
Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini, coming to think of it, I think it was Jaladi. Do you happen to know his full name? Could he be Jaladi "Something" Sastry?
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
Srini, coming to think of it, I think it was Jaladi. Do you happen to know his full name? Could he be Jaladi "Something" Sastry?

Some time ago, I googled for him.. it is Jaladi Raja Rao.
http://www.hindu.com/mp/2005/06/18/stories/2005061803410300.htm
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also figured out from google that his name is jaladi raja rao. I think the "Ghallu" part confused me about the lyricist's name. The more I think about it, I feel more confident that the lyricist for the chal mohana ranga song is Jaladi. He was popular during those days for writing slightly "sexy" songs (choorattuku jarataadi from palleturi pilla) and this was one of those.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.. in that case, let us go with Jaladi for the song, ghallu ghalluna song Smile

Thanks,
Srini
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Story lines of jeevitam and jyOti movies.. Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I am planning to host duets from Sobhan Babu's jeevitam and Murali Mohan's jyOti in the Weekly Picks section in next few weeks. Can some one post the story lines of the both movies here? I did not watch them

I have an idea of jyOti's story line (MM and JS are lovers, but JS has to marry an oldy, gunDepOTu Gummadi for helping out MM's cancer treatment, right?).

Thanks in advance,
Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Jyothi but not Jeevitham but I vaguely know the story of Jeevitham.

First Jyothi: MM and JS are lovers and want to marry but JS mysteriously decides to marry an old man Gummadi and upsetting her family members and MM himself in the process. She and Gummadi had to endure the wrath of everyone around and only they knew the truth. She takes up the challenge of setting the family of Gummadi on right track which went haywire after the death of Gummadi's first wife. Towards the end of the movie we will learn that JS was actually terminally ill with cancer and that she wanted to make sure that MM marries someone else and also help an old man in the process.

Jeevitham: I believe the movie was set in the backdrop of the Razakar movement (the militant group that wanted a separate Hyderabad/Telangana state and indulged in attrocities in the 60's). Sobhan and Sharada are lovers who wanted to marry but get separated (they probably married and/or had a "roop tera mastana" as well) from each other because of the razakar movement and Shobhan believes that Sharada was killed by the militants. He marries Jayanthi reluctantly to fulfill the wishes of his elders. Just about when he settles down in life with Jayanthi and two small kids, Sharada reappears in his life. I think the rest of the movie was about how Sharada helps save the marriage of Jayanthi and Shobhan, who was now torn between his past relationship with Sharada and his present obligation to his wife Jayanthi.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
I saw Jyothi but not Jeevitham but I vaguely know the story of Jeevitham.

First Jyothi: MM and JS are lovers and want to marry but JS mysteriously decides to marry an old man Gummadi and upsetting her family members and MM himself in the process. She and Gummadi had to endure the wrath of everyone around and only they knew the truth. She takes up the challenge of setting the family of Gummadi on right track which went haywire after the death of Gummadi's first wife. Towards the end of the movie we will learn that JS was actually terminally ill with cancer and that she wanted to make sure that MM marries someone else and also help an old man in the process.

Jeevitham: I believe the movie was set in the backdrop of the Razakar movement (the militant group that wanted a separate Hyderabad/Telangana state and indulged in attrocities in the 60's). Sobhan and Sharada are lovers who wanted to marry but get separated (they probably married and/or had a "roop tera mastana" as well) from each other because of the razakar movement and Shobhan believes that Sharada was killed by the militants. He marries Jayanthi reluctantly to fulfill the wishes of his elders. Just about when he settles down in life with Jayanthi and two small kids, Sharada reappears in his life. I think the rest of the movie was about how Sharada helps save the marriage of Jayanthi and Shobhan, who was now torn between his past relationship with Sharada and his present obligation to his wife Jayanthi.

As aways.... you again came to my rescue Smile So, ikkaDE kalusukunnAmu song is on Sarada or Jayanthi?

Thanks,
Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ikkade kalusukunnamu was Shobhan and Sharada.
toli reyi idi toli reyi was Jayanthi (with Shobhan of course Very Happy )
bhale bhale babu varaala babu -- not 100% sure but most likely Sharada, singing to the kids of Shobhan and Jayanthi, judging by the lyric and context.

Talking about lyrics and context, in the old movies the lyrics used to have a lot of context and meaning to the story of the movie. Starting early 80's the lyrics started becoming more of cut-and-paste where a lyric from a movie can be cu and pasted to some other movie song because the lyric had no meaning any way in both places.

Unfortunately the trend is still continuing though I am seeing that at least in some movies and some lyrics, there is more meaning and context these days. Looks like there is some hope in that direction.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanuman gAru..

I have no idea about the recent songs and their lyrical values.. But I should listen to them to know what my daughters are singing. Though I don't play these new songs at home, they are picking them up from the neighbors and pre-schools.. Both kids are hardcore fans of Ravi Teja.

Only the non-Telugu voices (and carelessness of the majority of music directors) are the ones that keep me at a bay with these new songs.
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from being her first movie, Pandanti Kapuram lists Jayasudha as Sujatha (her real name). Jayasudha appeared with her real name for a few movies in the beginning before she made any mark but quickly changed her name because, I believe, she wanted to avoid confusion with the other heroine Sujatha who was already popular at that time.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
Apart from being her first movie, Pandanti Kapuram lists Jayasudha as Sujatha (her real name). Jayasudha appeared with her real name for a few movies in the beginning before she made any mark but quickly changed her name because, I believe, she wanted to avoid confusion with the other heroine Sujatha who was already popular at that time.

If I am not mistaken, Sujatha's first movie in Telugu was gOrinTArku (1979), right?

What was Jaya Sudha's name in nOmu (1974)'s titles? Was it Sujatha or Jayasudha?
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true that Sujatha's first Telugu film was Gorintaku which came much later (1979 or so) but she was already very popular in Malayalam and Tamil films. In fact, in the Tamil original for Anthuleni Katha (Aval Oru Thodar Kathai), Sujatha was the heroine (Jayaprada's role). Jayasudha also had some little stints in Tamil films in the beginning so that may be the reason for the name change.

I am not sure how she was listed for nomu but I guess mostly it was as Sujatha. Jyothi is the first film as a bonafide hearoine and definitely listed as Jayasudha.
mohamed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody, Very Happy

Pleased to find a group with similar taste and thoughts on telugu songs from 70s.

To continue the discussion on Sujatha..... I surprised to know that she spoke telugu (no dubbing voice) in all her telugu movies.

Mohamed
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohamed wrote:
Hello everybody, Very Happy

Pleased to find a group with similar taste and thoughts on telugu songs from 70s.

To continue the discussion on Sujatha..... I surprised to know that she spoke telugu (no dubbing voice) in all her telugu movies.

Mohamed

In the good old days (until 1980 or so), even non-Telugu heroines used to learn and say their own dialogues in Telugu; B. Saroja Devi, Manjula, Sujatha, Bharathi, to name a few. Starting 1980 or so, it became fashionable for even Telugu heroines to use dubbing (Vijayashanthi, Bhanupriya, etc.). I think it is the collective industry's fault (mainly directors and producers, and indirectly audience), who started viewing heroines as mere glamor dolls and nothing more.

Gone are the days where heroines like Savithri, Jamuna, Jayasudha, and to some extent Jayaprada and Sridevi, who used to have their own personality and identity. In this regard, I commend Sujatha for saying her own dialogues in Telugu even though she came at the time when dubbing started becoming the trend. I find it unfortunate that a great actress like Vijayashanthi was forced to use dubbing. There are a few movies where Vijayashanthi used her own voice though.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Movie details of manasu-mAngalyam.. Reply with quote

Hi folks (Hanuman, are you listening?Smile,

As Nanda Kishor suddenly told us that Nov 13th is P Suseela gAri b'day, we decided to dedicate this Weekly Picks songs to her. I have chosen "E subha samayamlO" as the duet.

I guess the heroine is Jamuna, right? Can you pl. tell me the story line and the lyricist of this song? My first guess is CiNaRe... then Arudra and finally Athreya Smile

It seems that ANR is a kavi in this movie (from the song, one can see it).

Cheers,
Srini
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Songs on ChimataMusic.com All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: